Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts

Go Back   Coasters Remembered The On Line Community For Coastal Shipping Enthusiasts > Requests for Pictures, Identities and other Informations > Unknowns
FAQDonate Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-13, 07:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Ron Halliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierk Bauer View Post
Hi Ron, Rick, Mike and Gareth,
according to Miramar there was only a Britoil 7, but no one with Britoil 1
built as ARCTIC NANABUSH, sailing as Britoil 7 1993-2001
Thanks Dierk. Try Secil Moon for the coaster?
Old 01-11-13, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Hi all, guess the Secil vessels are a dead end
Well did check some funnel marks in the www, one site did show more than 1200 but only did find one looking quite similar and that was Intersee

http://www.ships-and-funnels.de/Foto.../fun_6-en.html

Maybe Intersee does know if another owner had NEARLY the same funnel mark??
Old 02-11-13, 04:59 AM

Hi all, could it be the "Pacific" Imo 7036565 ?
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=1695396

Memories are like threads of gold they never tarnish nor grow old
Old 02-11-13, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog Pete View Post
Hi all, could it be the "Pacific" Imo 7036565 ?
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...hp?lid=1695396
If it is not it is a good likeness peter. was there any sisterships?
Old 02-11-13, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Halliday View Post
If it is not it is a good likeness peter. was there any sisterships?
Hi Ron, I believe she is the ACOR Imo 7021833
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/...php?lid=501301

Memories are like threads of gold they never tarnish nor grow old
Old 02-11-13, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Hi Peter,

On this evidence, I believe you've cracked it,well done ,and a big thankyou to all the members who took part (256 hits ,to date)

Cheers,Rick
Old 02-11-13, 10:47 AM

Hi all - well done - wonder who owned her ? Dierk the funnel marks are similar but she def not an ex Intersee (Schoning) ship.I have looked through the Zur Geschichte der Harener Binner-,Kusten und Seeschiffahrt book (got it off Rudi Schepers at his 50th ) and nothing showed up from the other owners in Haren either. So all we have to do now chaps is find out what she went into Gt Yarmouth for .......... Cheers Gareth
Old 02-11-13, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Yes peter. you can see the radar post in the right place on this one. Congrats.
Old 02-11-13, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Hi Gareth,
according to Miramar, she was owned by Mutualista Acoreana Sarl, Portugal, Home port Ponta Delgada 1986-1994

Her details and history:

IMO: 7021833
Year: 1970
Name: ANJA
Flag: DEU
Type: Containership ??
Launch Date: 15.6.70
Date of completion: 15.9.70
Tons: 2915
DWT: 4780
Length overall: 102.4
LPP: 93.3
Country of build: DEU
Beam: 14.6
Builder: Rolandwerft
Location of yard: Berne-Ganspe
Speed(kn): 14

Subsequent History:
[L as NORDERFEHN] - 74 CHESHIRE CHALLENGE - 78 ANJA - 80 ILHA DE S.MIGUEL - 86 ACOR

End: 1999
Disposal Data:
collision (SALANGO) 10.38S/40.48E 22.5.99 (3*) [Mombasa-Durban, containers]
Source: Miramar
Old 02-11-13, 02:03 PM

At the time of here loss in 1999 she was owned by Candesca Holdings Ltd & rgd in Kingstown ,St.Vincent -they had owned her since 1994 (see list od reg ownership-Mirimar).

'googling' with the above info I came across this:-

COMPENSATION DEAL SNUBS DEAD SEAFARERS ' FAMILIES

Seafarers Assistance Program appeals to the government of Kenya to ensure that families of Kenyan Seafarers who have been maimed or perished several years ago in the high seas are also compensated.

On 18^th October, 2004 owners of the Mauritius flagged MV Salango agreed to pay the owners of MV Acor USD 180,000.

The agreement was made between Shepstone and Mylie, attorneys of the MV. Salango and Adams and Adams attorneys representing owners of the MV Acor.

The Kingston registered MV Acor sunk on May 23, 1999, near Capo del Gado off the Mozambican Coast and its owners have been demanding damages amounting to USD 1,263,000 in the High Court of South Africa in Durban.

The owners of MV Acor were demanding USD 350,000 as value of the vessel, USD 200,000 for loss of three crew members, USD 416,000 as indemnity claim for loss of cargo and USD 224,000 indemnity claim for loss of 20x32 full containers and 20 x 72 empty containers.

Other demands were USD 30,000 for crew expenses and repatriation USD 6,000 for preparing and repatriating the survivors and the deceased, USD 27,000 for loss of fuel oil, lube oil and hired equipment USD 10,000 as travel costs of plaintiffs agents.

Those who perished in the collision were MV Acor’s Master Capt. David Mugalu (Ugandan). 2^nd Engineer Steven Kibergen (Kenyan) and Chief Engineer Arif Mohamed Mwachatamu (Kenyan)

Crew of the Acor who survived the tragedy were Jimmy Mwaluwala, Mutua King’ondu, Mohamed Mwamreka, Julius Mshillah, Eric Mbakile, Zahoro Kalu, David Kipkemboi, Isaack Dambala, Kiswaga Mpanduji and Martin Sarungi.

The case had delayed as owners of MV Salango insisted that the Master of MV Acor caused the collision through negligence.

However, it turned out that owners of both ships agreed to settle the matter out of court and compensate MV Acor crew members.

It was agreed that, owners of the MV Salango will foot 70% of the compensation cost while those of MV Acor will pay 30%.

Unfairly, the owners of M.V. Acor (Candesca Holdings Limited BVI) and owners of Salango have offered to settle all the claims of the former crew of the Mv. Acor and their dependants for the sum of USD 50,00 including interest and cost.

The sum of USD 50,000 represents USD 40,000 for the dependants of two (2) crewmembers that lost their lives (USD 20,000 x 2)

Strangely they say that the third deceased crewmember (Steve Kiberigen) did not have any dependants and that any claim by his dependants is null and void.

The remaining USD 10,000 is for the balance of the crew claims and it should be delivered equally amongst the remaining former crew.

This controversial offer is subject to the following conditions:

(1) That, upon receipt of payment of the sum of USD 50,000 all legal proceedings by the former crew and their dependants against owner of Acor Condesca Holdings Ltd BVI are withdrawn.

(2) That Candesca Holding Ltd. BVI pay crew and their dependants and owners of USD 15,000 to former crew of Salango pay USD 35,000 to arrive at the settlement amount of USD 50,000.

(3) That, owner of Salango be furnished with satisfactory proof of the payments of USD 15,000 by Candesca Holdings Limited BVI to the former crew and their dependants, before they could pay the balance of USD 35,000.

(4) That, owners of Salango will nominate an agent in Mombasa, probably Inch-Cape Shipping Services to pay the sum of USD 35,000 directly to the former crew, their dependants and their lawyer, if he can show them that the former crew and their dependants have agreed thereto.

As head of Kenyan delegation on the South African trip I was accompanied by retired Merchant Shipping Superintendent Capt. John Martin Odhach and two survivors MV Acor tragedy Messrs, Mutua, and Mushilah.

Seafarers Assistance Program appeals to the government of Kenya to ensure that families of Kenyan Seafarers who have been maimed or perished several years ago in the high seas are also compensated.

It hurts very much to note that Ship Owners do not compensate crew members after being paid by their insurers.

Andrew Mwangura

Programs Co-ordinator.SEAFARER’S ASSISTANCE PROGRAM

Cheers,Rick